:::

臺中市政府

字級

:::
:::
現在位置首頁 > 文化資產 > 歷史建築

歷史建築Historical Buildings

  • 發佈單位 / Unit:臺中市政府文化局
  • 更新日期 / Date:2012-11-01

清泉崗原美軍營舍

建築名稱 : 清泉崗原美軍營舍
英文標題 : Former U.S. military camp at Chingchuankang
建築種類 : 其他
創建年代 : 西元1956年以後
公告文號 : 府授文資字第0990009149號
公告日期 : 2010-12-20
轄區 : 大雅區
地址 : 臺中市大雅區中清路4段600號
連絡電話 : 0427000000
保存區面積 : 791.93平方公尺
所有權屬 : 公有
開放與否 :
是否收費 :
是否辦理容積移轉 :
建築簡介 :

  日治時期昭和11年(西元1936年)於大肚山興建「公館機場」(又稱台中機場)。戰後民國40年(西元1951)美軍派遣軍事顧問團來臺,民國43年(西元1954年)12月2日中美簽訂「中美協防條約」,由當時國防部長俞大維先生與美國協商擴建公館機場,由美國出資建造,我國負責徵購土地,於民國45年動工,民國47年完成跑道、滑行道、停機坪等主要工程。


  西元1961年越戰爆發,西元1963年1月8日美軍進駐臺中機場,西元1966年為紀念二次大戰名將邱清泉,更名為清泉崗空軍基地,當時為遠東地區最大之空軍基地。


  美軍駐防共計16年之久,基地完成了許多因應美軍食、衣、住、行、育樂及作戰訓練之設施,營舍便是其中之;營舍在建築外觀上成H型樣式,外牆及屋頂均使用鋁質浪板建造,搭配傾斜對稱之屋頂及木質門窗,為美軍駐清泉崗基地廣泛使用之獨特建材,室內特徵上建築中央為公共浴廁及冷暖空調機房,兩側原為人員寢室,並使用木質裝潢隔間及木質天花板;目前室內衛浴設備及照明燈具等均為美軍建造當時原貌。營舍於民國68年斷交後,國防部接收作為空軍聯隊技勤人員寢室。民國95年聯隊新寢室完工遷出後便閒置迄今


  清泉崗營區內美軍建造同類型之營舍現均已破損嚴重,目前完整保存者僅有此棟。為求保存此歷史脈絡以資紀念,空軍四二七聯隊於99年5月7日提出登錄歷史建築之申請,經審議通過登錄為歷史建築保存。

現況 : 閒置
英文簡介 : During the Japanese rule period, the Japanese built up an airport at Mt. Datu in 1936 and named it as “Manor Airport"" (also known as Taichung Airport). After the World War II, the U.S. military advisory group came over to Taiwan in 1951 and the ""Sino-US Mutual Defense Treaty” was signed on December 2, 1954. Thereafter, the then defense minister Yu Da-wei invited the U.S. military to expand the Manor Airport, whose construction of runway, taxiways, aprons and other major projects began in 1956 and ended in 1958.

The Vietnam War broke out in 1961 and the U.S. troops began to station at the Taichung Airport on January 8, 1963. To commemorate Qiu Qing-quan, a famous general during the World War II, the airport was renamed as Chingchuankang Air Force Base in 1966. It was the largest Air Force Base in the Far East.

The U.S. troops were stationed at the airport for a total of 16 years, during which many combat and training facilities were completed on the base. The camp was one of them. Constructed in an H shape, the exterior walls and the roofs of the camp were made of aluminum corrugated sheets, a unique building material rarely seen in Taiwan at that time. The camp featured in placing the public bathroom and the heating and air conditioning room at the center of the building and put the staff bedroom partitions on both sides. The indoor bathrooms and the lighting devices have been well kept in their original shape up to now. After the diplomatic relations between Taiwan and the USA broke off in 1979, the camp was handed over to the National Defense Department of Taiwan and served as the bedrooms for the technical ground staff of the Air Force Wing until 2006, when the Air Force Wing completed its new bedrooms elsewhere. The camp has remained vacate and idle since then. All the other camps built up by the U.S. military at Chingchuankang have been seriously damaged. This camp is the only one kept intact. To preserve this historical context, Air Force Wing 427 proposed to list this camp as a historic building on May 7, 2010. The proposal was deliberated and accepted.

特徵 : 鋁板
構造 : 木構
材料 : 鋁板