:::

臺中市政府

字級

:::
:::
現在位置首頁 > 文化資產 > 歷史建築

歷史建築Historical Buildings

  • 發佈單位 / Unit:臺中市政府文化局
  • 更新日期 / Date:2012-11-01

原東勢公學校宿舍

建築名稱 : 原東勢公學校宿舍
英文標題 : Former living quarters of Dongshi Public School
建築種類 : 宅第
創建年代 : 日治時期
公告文號 : 府授文資字第0990007918號公告
公告日期 : 2010-11-08
轄區 : 東勢區
地址 : 臺中市東勢區第五橫街2、12、14、16號
連絡電話 : 0427000000
保存區面積 : 337.38
所有權屬 : 公有
開放與否 :
是否收費 :
是否辦理容積移轉 :
相關網址 : http://www.tchac.taichung.gov.tw/monuments/Details.aspx?Parser=99,5,28,,,,109,,,,0
建築簡介 :

  日治時期(西元1896年),臺灣總督府為殖民需要,於臺灣各主要城市普遍設置「國語傳習所」,以教授「日本語」,而至明治31年4月12日(西元1898年),「臺中國語傳習所」分設「東勢角分教場」,位於東勢區上新里「泰安宮」,同年10月,正式成立「東勢角學校」。並將校址址遷移至中寧里巧聖仙師廟,至日治大正10年(西元1921年),改稱「東勢公學校」,於日治昭和13年(西元1938年)於今東勢國民小學現址興建新校舍,日治昭和16年(西元1941年)校名改為「東勢國民學校」。


  戰後民國34年,校名改為「東勢第一國民學校」,民國57年8月實施九年國民教育,校名改為「東勢國民小學」。日治時期,為學校教育著想,往往於學校旁設有校長宿舍、教職員宿舍,按當時官職等,校長宿舍多為單棟式木構造建築,而教職員宿舍則堆為雙併建築,東勢公學校(東勢國小)日治時期宿舍亦是如此。 按當時校舍遷移年代估算,宿舍建於日治時期大正10年(西元1921年),建物採用檜木構造,材料具有反映當時代之歷史意義。且至今仍然保存原有日式工法及材料,極有日治時期建築技術研究價值,尤其校長宿舍之保存最佳,門窗均易打開,屋內之布置、格局亦保存原貌。


  宿舍群與東勢地區教育發展息息相關,亦為東勢地方史研究上之重要證物,原於民國99年住戶搬遷報拆在案,後經東勢地方文史工作者提報申請保存,經文化資產審議委員會審議通過登錄為歷史建築保存。

現況 : 部分住戶已搬遷
英文簡介 : During the Japanese rule period, Taiwan Sotokufu set up many language schools in all the major cities in Taiwan to teach Japanese. On April 12, 1898, the Dongshijou Branch of Taichung Language School was set up at the Taian Temple. This Dongshijou Branch School was formally upgraded to the Dongshijou Language School and moved to Temple of Lu Ban (venerated as the Patriarch of the Skilled Arts) in October of the same year. This School was renamed as the Dongshi Public School in 1921 and was added with new school buildings in 1938 and renamed as ""Dongshi Elementary School in 1941.

After the World War II, it was renamed as Dongshi First Elementary School in 1945 and then changed to Dongshi Elementary School in August 1968, when the nine-year national compulsory education started in Taiwan. During the Japanese rule period, the Japanese used to build up living quarters for school staff near the school. It was also true for Dongshi Public School (Dongshi Elementary School). It is estimated that the married quarters for the principal and teachers were built in 1921. All the dormitories were made of cypress as a main building material and built in a typical Japanese way, which reflects historical significance and is worthy of research, especially the well preserved living quarters of the principal.

This living-quarter complex is closely linked with the regional education development in Dongshi and serves as an important evidence to the local history of Dongshi. The former residents in the living-quarter complex proposed to demolish the buildings in 2010, but the Cultural Assets Review Commission rejected the proposal and decided to designate the complex as a historic building for preservation, instead.

特徵 : 典型日式木造宿舍
構造 : 木構