The Li-Tou-Dian Wenchang Temple was constructed in 1797 under the fundraising program initiated by Zeng Yu-in, who also set up a "community school" inside the temple and hired great masters to teach the youth and the general public. Thus, this temple was accredited for its folk beliefs, social education, and cultural values at that time. Thereafter, some more study and poetry societies were consequently set up in this Wenchang Temple, witnessing the development of regional community schools and how historical heritage was passed on in the Qing Dynasty. This Wenchang Temple is also well known for preserving several sets of ancient plaques, two pairs of pillars of the worship pavilions, and two engraved couplets on the pillars from the Qing Dynasty. During the early days of Japanese rule, the temple was used as classrooms for Nantun Public School. It is still used to promote various cultural and educational activities even today. Although its structure has been renovated to the "cloister pavilion" style to connote that it is a Confucian temple, the temple is highly regarded for its good preservation, cultural function and historic value.