The police system was already well established during the Japanese rule period. In 1919, the Wuchi Official Police Station was set up together with office and dormitory quarters on No. 142, Wuchi Road (beside the Wuchi Chao Yuan Temple).
After World War II, the Wuchi Official Police Station was re-assigned to be the Wuchi Police Station of the Qingshui Precinct of Taichung County Police Department. Due to the urban planning development of Taichung Harbor in the 1970s, the Wuchi Police Station was relocated, leaving the old office buildings unattended for quite a while. Accepting the proposal of local people, the county government repaired and opened them for the arts and cultural activities for Wuchi township in 2004.
The wooden dormitory quarters have been well preserved. Located behind the Official Police Station, the dormitory quarters were equipped with the air-raid shelters, witnessing the development history of the policing system from the Japanese rule period to the period of the Nationalist Government. The office building of the Official Police Station were constructed with bricks on a good base and in a beautiful environment.